The Stone of Self Mastery and Self Control
INTENTION: SELF-CONTROL | DETERMINATION | FOCUS | TENACITY
COLOR: Usually black. Onyx is a banded variety of chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of quartz. The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (not including shades such as purple, blue, or black). Commonly, specimens of onyx contain colors of white, tan, and brown. Sardonyx is a variant in which the colored bands are Sard (shades of red) rather than black.
CHAKRA: Attuned to the 1st and 5th Chakras
VIBRATES to the Number #6
ASTROLOGICAL: Stone of Leo.
MAJOR POWER STONES FOR: Capricorn
MYSTICAL STONE: for Sagitarius
KEYWORDS FOR BLACK ONYX STONES: Vigor, Strength, Stamina, Constancy, Steadfastness, Permanence, Tenacity, Firmness, Durability, Courage, And Self-Control.
CAREERS ONYX CAN ENHANCE: Especially good in any career where Persistence, Perseverance, Focus, and Determination really pays off such as Entrepreneurs, Inventors, the Arts.
METAPHYSICAL: BLACK ONYX helps you become the Master of your own Fate. Onyx enhances focus, steadfastness and determination, setting one’s mind to a task. It is a great grounding stone, (not as good as yellow Tiger’s Eye, but a contender!) Valuable in difficult or confusing times in our lives.
- SPIRITUAL: Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe.
- DEFLECTS NEGATIVITY: Can be used to deflect or absorb the negativity of others, especially their opinion of you and your goals and ideas.
- CALMING: Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Helps to smooth out the “Roller Coaster Ride” of emotions.
- DETACHMENT: Reduces un-healthy or obsessive Sexual desires. The ancient Egyptians believe that it could cool the ardors of love and cause arguments between lovers to the point of separation! Use Onyx for self-protection or to keep away or end unhealthy or bothersome emotional entanglements.
- LETTING GO: Extremely helpful to people who are having trouble letting go or releasing the past or attachments and moving on after a relationship has ended, sometimes years past the event.
- CHANGE: Helps release old beliefs and patterns that no longer serve us.
PHYSICAL: Helpful in treating teeth, bones, bone marrow, blood disorders, feet, glaucoma, epilepsy, and cell damage.